Papua New Guinea - Cairns to Madang
DURATION:13 Days/ 12 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Geographer
Immerse yourself in the wild and rugged scenery of Papua New Guinea, with its mysterious stories that take you away from the complexities of modern times. While traveling in comfort onboard the new, state-of-the-art expedition ship Coral Geographer, you will visit remote villages rich in culture and meet with the people who have maintained their traditional ways of life for generations.
Papua New Guinea is home to the largest area of intact rainforest outside of the Amazon and expeditioners will discover magnificent scenery ranging from colourful coral atolls to volcanic mountains, pristine wilderness areas and mighty rivers. The country’s secret forest nurture over 3,000 varieties of unusual orchids, 700 species of birds including the brilliantly coloured birds of paradise.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launched March 2021
Coral Geographer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 12 nights
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional charter flight from Madang to Cairns - $850 per person
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - Save 25% when purchased with your cruise)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Geographer