New Zealand By Sea
DURATION:13 Days/ 12 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Geographer
Experience New Zealand from a very different perspective aboard the intimate small ship Coral Geographer on a 13-day expedition between the cosmopolitan capital of Auckland and the South Island's holiday playground Queenstown. Aboard this outstanding vessel you will steer clear of well-trodden tourist trails, while accessing remote and pristine wilderness areas, and savouring encounters with
Maori culture. With over 7,000 km of stunning coastline to be explored, you will cruise the sheltered sounds, volcanic islands and marine reserves and arrive in the dramatic beauty of World Heritage-listed Fiordland National Park. Coral Geographer's expert expedition guides and local rangers will introduce you to wildlife including dolphins, seals, kiwis and keas.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launches December 2020
Scheduled to join the Coral Expeditions fleet in December 2020, Coral Geographer will accommodate a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 12 nights
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Transfer from Milford Sound to Queenstown at conclusion of the voyage.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Geographer.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade Deck Staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.