New Zealand By Sea
DURATION:13 Days/ 12 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Discoverer
Experience New Zealand from a very different perspective aboard the intimate small ship Coral Discoverer on a 13-day expedition between the cosmopolitan capital of Auckland and the South Island's holiday playground Queenstown. Aboard this outstanding vessel you will steer clear of well-trodden tourist trails, while accessing remote and pristine wilderness areas, and savouirng encounters with
Maori culture. With over 7,000 km of stunning coastline to be explored, you will cruise the sheltered sounds, volcanic islands and marine reserves and arrive in the dramatic beauty of World Heritage-listed Fiordland National Park. Coral Discoverer's expert expedition guides and local rangers will introduce you to wildlife including dolphins, seals, kiwis and keas.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
The state-of-the-art Coral Discoverer is the grand vision of Coral Expeditions, the pioneers in Kimberley cruises along with expedition and adventure cruises around Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South-east Asia and the island archipelagos of Melanesia. Coral Discoverer is equipped with latest technology active stabilisers to ensure comfortable cruising in open waters and is fitted with state-of-the-art safety and navigation equipment and wireless internet facilities.
Coral Discoverer was built to the exacting international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) standards and specifications by NQEA shipyard in Cairns, Australia with one aim in mind; to create the ultimate small ship cruising experience in the South Pacific. Following a major modernisation and refurbishment in December 2016, Coral Discoverer has enhanced its reputation as one of the leading expedition ships operating in Australia and the Pacific. Australian flagged, and staffed entirely by an Australian and New Zealand crew, your cruise aboard Coral Discoverer will remain in your memory for a lifetime.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 12 nights
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Transfer from Milford Sound to Queenstown at conclusion of the voyage
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Discoverer
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
EARLYBIRD OFFER: Take 10% off these prices when you book before 30 September 2018. Ask us for details.
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Promenade Deck (Category B) Staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.