New Guinea Circle
DURATION:26 Days/ 25 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Adventurer
This remarkable expedition departs from Cairns, Australia, crossing the Coral Sea for the first portion of the journey north through Papua New Guinea (or PNG as it is affectionately known). Be welcomed with traditional ‘Sing Sings’, colourful costumes and wide smiles as you cruise between island villages. Each community has maintained their way of life for generations and take pride in sharing their culture with visitors. This combined with the breathtaking scenery of the region makes for a unique and memorable experience.
The second portion of the cruise will commence in Wewak, cruising through the pristine marine parks of West Papua. Spend six days in the stunning surrounds of Raja Ampat, where you can swim, snorkel and dive some of the world’s most colourful and biodiverse coral reefs, followed by a taste of the Spice Islands. With a dramatic background of limestone karsts, white-sand beaches and thick tropical rainforests, you will be amazed at what this region has to offer. The 25-nights spent aboard the new Coral Adventurer promises an adventure of a lifetime.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Modern and rugged, the latest addition to the Coral Expeditions fleet accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. Care has been taken with the design of the ship to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She is Australian flagged and crewed and conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Adventurer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the Kimberley region, Cape York and Arnhem Land (The Top of Australia), Papua New Guinea, the Spice Islands, Indonesia and the South Pacific.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for 25 nights
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases]
- Tipping is not required aboard Coral Adventurer
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Enquire for single traveller fares.