Fiji Islands - Remote Lau & Kadavu Discovery
DURATION:12 Days/ 11 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Reef Endeavour
Embark on a voyage of discovery to a part of Fiji rarely seen by tourists - the Lau Islands and Kadavu. Departing from Nadi, this 12-day expedition showcases the culture and traditions of Fiji. Explore pristine islands, swim, snorkel and SCUBA dive over colourful coral reefs in pristine lagoons and take long walks on rainforest trails leading to refreshing waterfalls. Most days offer the opportunity for in-water activities and cultural interaction.
You will be welcomed by the villagers and experience their happy islander existence. On Oneata Island witness the Sunday church service, the singing is sure to inspire. Marvel at skilled wood turners and discover Tongan heritage. Experience a traditional meke (dance), sevusevu (ceremony) and lovo (feast). This expedition showcases a different side of Fiji; away from the tourist crowds, where Melanesian cultures and traditions remain intact.
Operated by: Captain Cook Cruises Fiji
MV Reef Endeavour is purpose-built for cruising Fiji's sheltered waters and reef environments. A small ship, she caters to no more than 140 passengers, ensuring every guest receives personal attention and a warm 'Bula' from the predominantly Fijian crew. Reef Endeavour’s small size means she can negotiate remote reefs, islands and shallow bays where bigger ships cannot go. Her innovative design provides many big ship extra comforts including swimming pool and spa pools, staterooms that open directly onto the outside deck, extensive timber-laid leisure decks and an embarkation platform with a lift from the water level to the main deck.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard Reef Endeavour in selected room grade
- All meals, morning and afternoon teas
- 24 hour self-service tea & coffee bar
- Marine Biologist & Cultural Talks
- Daily island stopovers & water activities
- Guided island, village & school tours
- Snorkelling & glass bottom boat tours
- Transfers at the end of your cruise
Your cruise price does not include:
- Transfers to the ship
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Optional tours in some locations
- Optional SCUBA diving
- Items of a personal nature (ie communications and laundry expenses)
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)