Across the Great Australian Bight
DURATION:14 Days/ 13 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Geographer
Set sail on a 13-night expedition in partnership with Australian Geographic for immersion into the wild nature, rich history, and unique coastline of Australia’s southwest. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cross the Great Australian Bight, this voyage will visit hard-to-reach islands and iconic National Parks along the south coast. Enjoy guided walks along the vast and secluded beaches at locations such as Cape Le Grand, and Bremer Bay. Among the scattered islands and outcrops of
the Archipelago of the Recherche, discover remote breeding grounds of sea lions and follow the snorkel trail at Shearwater Bay to spot the elusive Leafy Sea Dragon. As we round the southwest edge of Australia discover enjoy time ashore with sunset drinks at Woody Island, a visit to extraordinary Jewel Cave, swimming with stingrays at Hamelin Bay, and walk among the vines and sample wines through the Margaret River region.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Launched March 2021
Coral Geographer accommodates a maximum of just 120 guests in 60 spacious staterooms and suites, more than half featuring a private balcony. A sister-ship to the new Coral Adventurer (launched 2019), care has been taken with the design of Coral Geographer to preserve Coral Expeditions’ traditionally relaxed and intimate onboard atmosphere. She conforms to the highest standards of build quality, operational redundancy, environmental compliance, and safety. Design features include spacious communal areas, a light-filled lecture room, open seat dining room, open bridge policy and a flexible fleet of excursion tenders that allow access to even the most hard to reach locations.
Coral Geographer joins the Coral Expeditions fleet exploring the waters of Australasia, South East Asia and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade aboard the new Coral Geographer
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Xplorer expedition vessel and zodiacs
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Coral Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in Coral and Promenade deck staterooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other staterooms require a 100% supplement.