Russia's Far East & Wrangel Island
DURATION:13 Days/ 12 NightsREGION:AsiaSHIP:National Geographic Orion
This fascinating exploration of the remote Siberian coastline aboard the state-of-the-art expedition ship National Geographic Orion promises rich culture and an astounding wealth of wildlife. Meet indigenous artists known for their intricate walrus ivory carvings, take in dramatic bird cliffs teeming with puffins and guillemots, then forge farther north, well above the Arctic Circle to Wrangel Island
Reserve. Spend several days in this pristine landscape that’s home to the highest density of ancestral polar bear dens, the world’s largest population of Pacific walrus, and an astonishing variety of plant life. And before this Russian Arctic expedition comes to an end witness one more site few get to see - an ancient, mysterious display of whale bones and skulls erected on Yttygran Island. ?
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Orion
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Built and engineered in Germany in 2003 for maximum comfort and safety, National Geographic Orion is equipped with the latest technology including large retractable stabilisers, sonar, radar, and an ice-strengthened hull. A shallow draught plus bow and stern thrusters provide the convenience of being able to maneuver close to shore. 14 Zodiacs ensure quick disembarkation and offer the ideal transport for up-close exploration. Best of all, Orion is equipped with a glass-bottom Zodiac that enables remarkably clear, gratifying observations of the undersea for those who prefer to stay dry.
National Geographic Orion accommodates 102 guests in 53 cabins, including several with balconies. She is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer panoramic views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Orion fosters a welcoming atmosphere where like-minded guests share in exceptional experiences and enrichment.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Orion for duration of the cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages onboard
- Select alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during nightly recap
- Fitness centre or exercise equipment
- Access to fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of expedition staff
- The services of a physician where required
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as detailed in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
- Crew gratuities
Your cruise price does not include:
- International and internal airfares
- Pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Passport, visa, and immigration fees
- Expedition extensions
- Select alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Internet and phone
- Gift shop items and any other items of personal nature
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions, ice conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.