Realm of the Polar Bear
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:Expedition
From close-up encounters with icebergs and glaciers to the region’s plentiful wildlife, this is a voyage of non-stop highlights. Always on the lookout for wildlife that live in this polar wilderness, you’ll explore this landscape not only by ship but also on foot and via Zodiac. Roaming polar bears, lounging seals, grazing reindeer,
and colonies of birds all co-exist in this harsh land we dare only to explore a few months of the year. Your cruise aboard the classic ms Expedition allows you to get up close and personal to all that this remarkable region has to offer, at a great value price.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: G Adventures
The legendary ms Expedition provides an intimate small-ship cruising experience in the polar regions of the world. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the world's most remote regions. The Expedition's spacious confines can hold up to 134 explorers. Many expedition cruise operators offer you a choice of space, comfort or expertise; the Expedition delivers all three at a price few can match. With a focus on safety, comfort and the unique demands of polar travel, the crew of the classic Expedition is committed to the ship’s continued safe operation.
Your cruise price includes
- 7 night polar voyage aboard the Expedition in selected room grade
- Arrival transfer
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of waterproof boots
- Expedition parka
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements unless specified
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard - The cruise line recommends $8-10 per passenger per day
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
Expedition travel can be full of surprises! While it is our intention of adhere to the proposed itinerary, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. On the first day onboard, the Expedition Leader will give an expedition overview outlining what the specific plans are for the trip.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and G Adventures' terms and conditions.
A single supplement of applies for sole use of cabins - enquire for details.