Iceland, Greenland and East Canada
DURATION:21 Days/ 20 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:Greg Mortimer
From the world’s youngest volcano to some of the oldest rocks found anywhere on Earth, on this thrilling 21 day expedition aboard the state-of-the-art Greg Mortimer you will encounter traditional Inuit communities whose strong cultures have remained relatively unchanged for tens of thousands of years and discover the history and hear stories about ancient Viking cultures that inhabited the region. Experience some of the most splendid scenery in remote South Greenland and
Torngat Mountains, home to polar bears and caribou. Experience mid-Autumn in this wild and remote corner of the world where the dark night sky could very well reward you with a dazzling display of Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights. We’re excited about this trip and we can’t wait to share it with you. It’s a fine way to celebrate the end the inaugural polar season on board the new purpose-built expedition vessel, the Greg Mortimer.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Aurora Expeditions
Proudly named after Aurora Expeditions' adventurous co-founder, the 104-metre Greg Mortimer ship is their very first, purpose-built expedition vessel. Capable of negotiating the strongest winds and waves, the Greg Mortimer is built to world-class Polar Code 6 standards and was designed in close consultation with expedition specialists, taking advantage of more than 25 years of experience.
The Greg Mortimer accommodates 160 travellers on board, which is limited to just 120 in the polar regions. Not only is the ship bigger to contend with adverse weather conditions, its added creature comforts make for a more enjoyable journey out on the open ocean. The Greg Mortimer remains true to Aurora Expeditions' ethos and focus on multiple landings, flexible itineraries and family atmosphere – just with an improved home base!
Expeditions to the polar regions can face some of the worst Mother Nature can throw at us. However, this won't be problem on the Greg Mortimer with the introduction of the patented X-BOW™, created by Norwegian ship designer ULSTEIN. As one of the leaders in marine engineering, ULSTEIN's X-BOW™ is an inverted bow concept that's designed to alleviate challenging open ocean waves!
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Kayaking in the far-flung corners of the world is an experience guaranteed to refresh your soul. Paddling in small groups, you'll glide between ice floes, brash ice and icebergs dotted with wildlife. Limited numbers, enquire for pricing.
Your cruise price includes:
- One night’s pre-voyage hotel accommodation with breakfast in Reykjavik on Day 1
- Tailor-made Reykjavik city tour on Day 2
- Luggage transfer from your hotel to ship in Reykjavik on Day 2
- Transfer to downtown St. John’s or airport on Day 21
- On-board accommodation during voyage including daily cabin service
- All meals, snacks, tea and coffee during voyage
- Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- All shore excursions and Zodiac cruises
- Educational lectures and guiding services from expedition team
- Access to our onboard doctor and basic medical services
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Loan of Muck boots during the voyage
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage (one per booking)
- Port surcharges and landing fees
Your cruise price does not include:
- International or domestic flights, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Passport, visa, reciprocity fees, vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
- Optional activity surcharges
- All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, laundry services, personal clothing, medical expenses, gratuities, and email or phone charges.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
As this is a new voyage photography is representative only.
SPECIAL OFFER - Some room grades reflect a 25% discount in pricing. Limited room grades apply. Enquire for full details.
Please note that all Polar itineraries are at the mercy of weather conditions and not all landings are guaranteed. These itineraries are flexible and will change voyage to voyage, allowing the best chance to make the most of surprising wildlife displays and unexpected opportunities.
Single occupancy is 1.7 times the twin share price. No single travel fees apply if you are willing to share your cabin (twin and triple cabins only).