Land Of The Ice Bears: Exploration of Arctic Svalbard
DURATION:10 Days/ 9 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:National Geographic Explorer
Svalbard is the best place on the planet to see polar bears - wild, majestic, in their native habitat: the sea ice. And see them you will. During the summer season in Svalbard you will observe all manner of behaviour from hunting for seals amid the floes to frolicking cubs - all viewable from the proximity and safety of National Geographic Explorer's deck rail.
Every day of this expedition is active and engaging. The islands of the archipelago are ideal for walking, with some hikes revealing artful, sculptural arrangements of whale bones and the ghostly remains of trapper’s huts. Your expedition leader will enable daily zodiac cruises and kayak expeditions, too - allowing you to experience the wonders of Svalbard with all your senses.
National Geographic Explorer
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Originally built for service along Norway’s coast as part of the famed Hurtigruten, or Coastal Express, National Geographic Explorer was completely rebuilt in 2008 upon her acquisition by Lindblad Expeditions. Explorer is uniquely equipped with an ice-strengthened hull and advanced navigation equipment for polar expeditions; a roster of tools for exploration; and a well-appointed interior with vast expanses of glass for an unprecedented connection to the outdoors. Explorer accommodates 148 guests in 81 cabins, including 13 cabins with private balconies, six spacious suites and 14 cabins specifically designed for single travellers. At 112 metres with six decks, she is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer startling views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Explorer instantly fosters a welcoming environment where enthused and curious passengers share in exceptional experiences and enrichment. Her public rooms include a dramatic window-lined library and observation lounge perched at the very top of the ship, plentiful observation decks, and the forward facing chart room. The spacious lounge is the heart of the ship and is also used for informative presentations.
FREE BAR AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED
From 01 April 2017 all fares for travel aboard National Geographic Explorer will include your bar tab and all tips for the crew.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Explorer for 7 nights
- 2 nights accommodation in Oslo
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)