Exploring Greenland and the Canadian High Arctic
DURATION:15 Days/ 14 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:National Geographic Explorer
Travelling aboard one of the world's most capable expedition ships, the National Geographic Explorer, venture deep into the far northern reaches of the Arctic. Join a quest for arctic wildlife and the magisterial scenery of the ice occurring at an epic scale in Greenland. And, share the experience of explorers from ancient to modern, goaded by the desire to discover the Northwest Passage. This itinerary provides
unique opportunities to navigate the eastern entrance of Canada’s fabled Northwest Passage, explore Greenland’s fjords, and the Ilulissat Glacier, a UNESCO site and a tongue of the Greenland ice cap. You will also spend a week in the Canadian High Arctic observing polar bears and other denizens of the ice and visit an historic Inuit fishing village and former whaling ports.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Explorer
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Originally built for service along Norway’s coast as part of the famed Hurtigruten, or Coastal Express, National Geographic Explorer was completely rebuilt in 2008 upon her acquisition by Lindblad Expeditions. Explorer is uniquely equipped with an ice-strengthened hull and advanced navigation equipment for polar expeditions; a roster of tools for exploration; and a well-appointed interior with vast expanses of glass for an unprecedented connection to the outdoors. Explorer accommodates 148 guests in 81 cabins, including 13 cabins with private balconies, six spacious suites and 14 cabins specifically designed for single travellers. At 112 metres with six decks, she is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer startling views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Explorer instantly fosters a welcoming environment where enthused and curious passengers share in exceptional experiences and enrichment. Her public rooms include a dramatic window-lined library and observation lounge perched at the very top of the ship, plentiful observation decks, and the forward facing chart room. The spacious lounge is the heart of the ship and is also used for informative presentations.
FREE BAR AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED
All fares for travel aboard National Geographic Explorer include your bar tab and all tips for the crew.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Explorer for 11 nights
- 3 nights accommodation in Reykjavík
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, ice and sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.