Norway's Fjords and Arctic Svalbard
DURATION:16 Days/ 15 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:National Geographic Endurance
Follow Norway’s fjord-carved coast, from the charming town of Bergen, past the North Cape to the ice and wilderness of the Svalbard archipelago, for a perfect balance between the charmingly scenic and the spectacularly wild. Explore Tromsø and Bear Island on the way to Svalbard in the high arctic, where polar bears
prowl and walruses haul out on rocky shores.The sea here carves an almost 2000 kilometre-long coastline and on this expedition you will explore almost the full-length of its varied contours - from the jaw-droppingly lovely Norwegian Fjordlands to the heart-pounding icescapes of Svalbard aboard National Geographic Endurance.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Endurance
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
The newest addition to the Lindblad Expeditions' fleet, the Polar Class 5 National Geographic Endurance is due to launch in 2020. Named in honour of legendary polar explorer Ernest Shackleton’s ship, it is designed to navigate polar passages year-round while providing exceptional comfort and stability. The Endurance will safely explore unchartered waters and new latitudes, including Northeast Greenland, remote Jan Mayer island, Norway’s spectacular fjords, and more.
National Geographic Endurance accommodates just 126 guests in 69 spacious cabins - all of which face outside and have large windows or balconies, private bathrooms, individual climate control, Wi-Fi, and an expedition command centre with tablets and USB/mobile device docking.
Endurance's patented X-BOW® is key to its design; its powerful wave-slicing action provides an extremely smooth ride in even adverse conditions, and even reduces spray on deck, for superior observation.
FREE BAR AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED
All fares for travel aboard National Geographic Endurance include your bar tab and all tips for the crew.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Endurance for 14 nights
- 1 nights accommodation in Oslo (post cruise)
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, ice and sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.
Some departures operate in reverse direction, enquire for details.