Circumnavigation of Iceland
DURATION:10 Days/ 9 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:National Geographic Explorer
Iceland’s geology in all its manifestations - glaciers, thundering waterfalls, immense cliffs, geothermal springs, boiling mud pots, and rock and lava-scapes of unearthly beauty - is world-class. It alone makes a circumnavigation a very compelling idea. And when you add in the other itinerary components - Iceland’s people, their unique
cultural heritage and contemporary character, the island’s geography and birdlife - seeing it all in one 360º expedition is irresistible. Cruising aboard National Geographic Explorer in June & July guarantees maximum daylight hours to experience all that Iceland has to offer over ten wonderful days.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Explorer
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Originally built for service along Norway’s coast as part of the famed Hurtigruten, or Coastal Express, National Geographic Explorer was completely rebuilt in 2008 upon her acquisition by Lindblad Expeditions. Explorer is uniquely equipped with an ice-strengthened hull and advanced navigation equipment for polar expeditions; a roster of tools for exploration; and a well-appointed interior with vast expanses of glass for an unprecedented connection to the outdoors. Explorer accommodates 148 guests in 81 cabins, including 13 cabins with private balconies, six spacious suites and 14 cabins specifically designed for single travellers. At 112 metres with six decks, she is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer startling views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Explorer instantly fosters a welcoming environment where enthused and curious passengers share in exceptional experiences and enrichment. Her public rooms include a dramatic window-lined library and observation lounge perched at the very top of the ship, plentiful observation decks, and the forward facing chart room. The spacious lounge is the heart of the ship and is also used for informative presentations.
FREE BAR AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED
We will cover your bar tab and all tips for the crew on all National Geographic Explorer voyages.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard Explorer for duration of the cruise
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages onboard
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during nightly recap
- Fitness centre or exercise equipment
- Access to fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of expedition staff
- The services of a physician where required
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as detailed in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- International and internal airfares
- Pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Passport, visa, and immigration fees
- Expedition extensions
- Spa treatments
- Internet and phone
- Gift shop items and any other items of personal nature
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places National Geographic Explorer intends to visit, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.