Spirit of Shackleton
DURATION:21 Days/ 20 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Expedition
Experience vast penguin rookeries and seal colonies on this awe-inspiring voyage from Ushuaia to Antarctica, South Georgia, and the Falkland Islands. This 21-day expedition cruise illuminates Ernest Shackleton’s legend and recounts his courageous exploration of Antarctica. You’ll visit historical sites of past explorers, as
well as Shackleton’s final resting place - the wildlife-rich island of South Georgia. Antarctica is beyond comprehension and sure to amaze any traveller seeking a true adventure to the world’s most remote wilderness. Cruising aboard ms Expedition affords an unforgettable experience at a great price!
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: G Adventures
The legendary ms Expedition provides an intimate small-ship cruising experience in the polar regions of the world. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the world's most remote regions. The Expedition's spacious confines can hold up to 134 explorers. Many expedition cruise operators offer you a choice of space, comfort or expertise; the Expedition delivers all three at a price few can match. With a focus on safety, comfort and the unique demands of polar travel, the crew of the classic Expedition is committed to the ship’s continued safe operation.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Pre / Post Cruise Add-on
When you travel aboard ms Expedition we make sure that getting from A to B is always smooth sailing. That’s why we offer a Buenos Aires hotel and flight package, which takes care of your accommodation in BA, flight to Ushuaia, and your transfers to and from the airport. After the cruise, you will be transferred back to the airport to catch a flight to Buenos Aires, where the package ends on arrival. The only thing that you have to do? Remember to pack your thermal underwear! Call for more information.
Follow in the footsteps of bold explorers and experience this land’s awe-inspiring splendours first-hand. Our Antarctica camping experience includes time to enjoy the beauty of Antarctica near your campsite with ample photography options. Experience the sounds of heaving ice, the fresh scent of the sea, and the stars at night. Nothing gets you closer to the humbling forces of nature than spending a night ashore! This activity is offered on select departures and must be booked prior to your trip.
Weather permitting, you will head out in kayaks on days where zodiac landings are also available. Kayaking as part of a group led by experienced and skilled leaders allows an opportunity to experience these remote regions from another vantage point. No other activity gets you as close to the natural environment! This activity is offered on all departures and must be booked prior to your trip.
Your cruise price includes:
- 19 night polar voyage aboard the Expedition in selected room grade
- 1 pre-cruise night of accommodation in Ushuaia (Albatros Hotel or similar)
- Arrival transfer from airport to Ushuaia Hotel
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of waterproof boots
- Expedition parka
- Luggage transfer from hotel to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Ushuaia
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements unless specified
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 25% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard - The cruise line recommends $8-10 per passenger per day
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
Expedition travel can be full of surprises! While it is our intention of adhere to the proposed itinerary, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. On the first day onboard, the Expedition Leader will give an expedition overview outlining what the specific plans are for the trip.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept Expedition Cruise Specialists' and G Adventures' terms and conditions.
A single supplement of applies for sole use of cabins - enquire for details.