Falklands, South Georgia & The Polar Circle
DURATION:23 Days/ 22 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Hondius
Join the state-of-the-art Hondius for one of the most comprehensive Antarctica expeditions available today. Departing from Ushuaia, first port of call is the Falkland Islands, followed by several days spent exploring the wildlife haven that is South Georgia. On this trip you will see no fewer than six types of penguin! Then it's on to
Elephant Island, the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula. To ensure this trip is truly memorable, Hondius will also attempt a crossing of the fabled Antarctic Circle. The 174-passenger Hondius has been purpose-built for Antarctica expeditions. Launching in 2019, she will become the first vessel to attain Polar Class 6 accreditation.
Operated by: Oceanwide Expeditions
Launched in mid 2019, the 174-passenger Hondius is the latest addition to the Oceanwide Expeditions fleet of polar ships. Engineered for flexibility above all else, Hondius is optimised for maximum engagement with nature, wildlife, and outdoor activities – because a dynamic environment demands a dynamic vessel, and there is no environment more dynamic than the polar regions. The agility of the Hondius design gives you this opportunity, delivering you to shore as fast as possible so you can enjoy these spectacular landscapes as much as possible.
FORTIFIED POLAR CLASS 6 TECHNOLOGY
Being flexible and fast does not make Hondius frail: It is one of the first civilian vessels in the world to receive a Polar Class 6 notation, the most advanced category of polar cruise ship to date. When you set foot on Hondius, you are indeed choosing the best of modern marine science.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
If you’re searching for a way to expand your diving experience, join us on one of our diving cruises. Experienced divers will have the chance to glide through the amazing blue waters of the Antarctic.
FREE HONDIUS ACTIVITIES
Being a Hondius guest comes with its share of perks, among them an extensive array of activities entirely unique to the ship itself. In addition to vibrant musical acts and performances, Hondius offers a wide range of interactive workshops that explore such topics as astronomy, navigation, and other related fields. These interactive workshops, captivating exhibitions, and vibrant performances are planned both on the ship as well as out in nature.
Your cruise price includes
- 22 night expedition voyage aboard the Hondius in selected room grade
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes
- Luggage transfer from pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Ushuaia
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
Your cruise price does not include:
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- Gratuities at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard - The cruise line recommends $8-10 per passenger per day