Journey to Antarctica: The White Continent
DURATION:12 Days/ 11 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:National Geographic Orion
Remote. Untrammelled. Spectacular. An Antarctica cruise is one of the most exhilarating adventures on Earth. There are many reasons to explore it. Antarctica wildlife: scores of penguins and whales. Ice: an entire museum of colossal and magical ice forms defying description. And the dashing history of the Heroic Age of Exploration. And, one of the best ways to discover it all is when you cruise aboard Lindblad Expeditions' National geographic Orion on this 12 day adventure to the Antarctic Peninsula.
You’ll get out on adventures every day in Antarctica, sometimes twice a day - to walk or hike, kayak or Zodiac cruise among the icebergs. Because National Geographic Orion has a fleet of both Zodiacs and kayaks, the entire expedition community can embark at once on forays, no waiting around for returning parties. You’ll have a choice of activities each day, and the option to join the naturalist whose interests mirror yours. Choice also includes opting to enjoy the view from the bridge, the all-glass observation lounge, the library or the chart room.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Orion
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Built and engineered in Germany in 2003 for maximum comfort and safety, National Geographic Orion is equipped with the latest technology including large retractable stabilisers, sonar, radar, and an ice-strengthened hull. A shallow draught plus bow and stern thrusters provide the convenience of being able to maneuver close to shore. 14 Zodiacs ensure quick disembarkation and offer the ideal transport for up-close exploration. Best of all, Orion is equipped with a glass-bottom Zodiac that enables remarkably clear, gratifying observations of the undersea for those who prefer to stay dry.
National Geographic Orion accommodates 102 guests in 53 cabins, including several with balconies. She is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer panoramic views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Orion fosters a welcoming atmosphere where like-minded guests share in exceptional experiences and enrichment.
PLEASE NOTE: The charter flights from Santiago to Ushuaia and Ushuaia to Santiago are not included. The additional cost is $A 1,240 per person.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Orion for duration of the cruise
- 1 night pre-cruise accommodation in Santiago at the Grand Hyatt or similar
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages onboard
- Select alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during nightly recap
- Fitness centre or exercise equipment
- Access to fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of expedition staff
- The services of a physician where required
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as detailed in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
- Crew gratuities
Your cruise price does not include:
- International and internal airfares
- Airfare Santiago to Chile and return (A$1,240 per person)
- Pre- and post- cruise accommodation (except where stated)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Passport, visa, and immigration fees
- Expedition extensions
- Select alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Internet and phone
- Gift shop items and any other items of personal nature
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions, ice conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.