DURATION:22 Days/ 21 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Akademik Ioffe / Akademik Sergey Vavilov
This exciting new expedition has been many years in the making. It is undoubtedly one of the most comprehensive journey to Antarctica ever offered. This unique experience links two existing expeditions to create one ‘super adventure’, a combination of the 10 night 'Quest for the Antarctic Circle' voyage, and the 11 night ‘Ultimate Antarctica - Weddell Sea and Falklands’ voyage. Your trip starts and
finishes in Punta Arenas, and includes the flights to and from Stanley, in the Falkland Islands. Over the course of three weeks, spend an unprecedented 16 days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula, South Shetland Islands, the spectacular, icy Weddell Sea region and the wildlife-rich Falkland Islands. This is an Antarctic expedition fit to carry the title 'trip of a lifetime'.
Akademik Ioffe / Akademik Sergey Vavilov
Operated by: One Ocean Expeditions
Akademiks Ioffe and Sergey Vavilov are purpose built oceanographic vessels featuring complex internal stabilisers and powerful engines and accommodate just 96 guests. Combined with multi-pitch propulsion and bow and stern thrusters these vessels offer exceptional maneuverability. Expansive observation decks featuring 360 degree views make them the perfect platform for operation in Antarctica and the High Arctic.
Although built as research vessels, both ships offer modern conveniences, are comfortable, safe and ice strengthened (rated Lloyds 1A). From small group sessions to briefings for all expeditioners, there are public spaces onboard ideally suited for each and every need.
A separate lounge and bar, as well as a library provide ideal places to sit and relax or catch up on some reading. A selection of movies and documentaries can also be watched in the lounge.
The sumptuous meals prepared by the culinary team are enjoyed in the dining room, which can host all passengers in a single seating and will keep you feeling healthy and strong for the myriad activities offered throughout the voyage.
Other facilities include the theatre-style presentation room, gift-shop, fitness room, massage room, hot water spa, sauna and plunge pool. There’s also a dedicated expedition ‘mud-room’ where you prepare for your off-ship excursions.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Antarctic Sea Kayaking
Pre-registration required at time of booking. Confirmed access to either a double or single kayak at any offered excursion location. Limited to 16 passengers per voyage. Includes high quality kayaking equipment and services of three kayak guides.
Your cruise price includes:
- Flights Punta Arenas to Stanley and Stanley to Punta Arenas
- Shipboard accommodation
- Optional overnight camping (weather permitting)
- All meals on board throughout the voyage
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily
- All scheduled landings/excursions (subject to weather and ice conditions)
- Leadership throughout the voyage by the experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team
- All port fees
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation
- Pre-departure materials
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights, pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Charter flights (additional expense)
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges
- Staff gratuities