Cruise Antarctica & Fly Back
DURATION:7 Days/ 6 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Ocean Albatros
Visiting Antarctica is one of the greatest wildlife experiences imaginable. On this Albatros Expeditions voyage you will experience the fantastic Drake approach from Ushuaia to the White Continent and return back in comfort on a 2-hour flight after a stunning cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands. This is a true expedition voyage with zodiac landings at penguin rookeries and fascinating lookouts along the way. Departing Ushuaia in Argentina, cross the mighty Drake Passage, followed by the ever-present seabirds and whales. With patented reclining bow and efficient
stabilisers, these brand-new vessels cut through the waves to give smoother and more comfortable sailing towards South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula. Continuing southward, deep into the inlets of Antarctica, pass the famous Gerlache Strait, where 1,000-metre ice cliffs rise straight out of the still water. The cruise ends at King George Island where you board a strong 4-engine jet for the flight back to the South American continent. After a comfortable 2-hour flight land in Punta Arenas in Chile. On no other journey can you experience so much pristine nature and varied wildlife in so few days!
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Albatros Expeditions
The new Ocean Victory and Ocean Albatros are the flag-ships for Danish expedition cruise company Albatros Expeditions. With over 30 years experience, when you join Albatros in the Antarctic you are travelling with a respected company who know how to operate exploratory cruises, with a dash of Nordic flair!
These next-generation expedition ships accommodate just 189 guests in 93 comfortable cabins and suites, all with a view of the ocean (and 90% with their own balcony). There's also several restaurants, a wellness area, an Albatros Nordic Bar, an open deck dining facility, a modern lecture lounge, and heated pool. The ships are also be environmentally-friendly onboard, with the implementation of the Green Initiative Program, ensuring both absolute comfort and sustainability for guests.
Adhering to the most stringent polar codes; rated ice class 1A / Polar Code 6, travellers aboard Ocean Victory and Ocean Albatros will enjoy the ship's patented X-BOW™, created by Norwegian ship designer ULSTEIN. As one of the leaders in marine engineering, ULSTEIN's X-BOW™ is an inverted bow concept that's designed to alleviate challenging open ocean waves!
Your cruise price includes:
- 6-day cruise from Ushuaia to King George Island with accommodation in a shared outside double stateroom with private facilities
- One-way flight from King George Island to Punta Arenas, in standard seats
- One overnight stay in centrally located hotel in Punta Arenas in a shared double room (post-cruise)
- All Zodiac landings and excursions as per itinerary
- Transfer from Punta Arenas airport to hotel in connection with the King George Island flight
- Expedition parka
- Rubber boots on a loan basis
- Guiding, briefing and lectures by our expedition leader and team
- Special photo workshop
- English-speaking expedition team
- Visual Journal link after voyage including voyage log, gallery, maps, species list and more!
- Full board on the ship - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea
- Breakfast at the hotel (during our stay in Punta Arenas day 7)
- Free tea and coffee 24 hours a day (during the cruise)
- Welcome and farewell cocktails on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Extra excursions and activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Comfort seat upgrade on the flight (see prices separately)
- Meals other than on board the ship
- Meals on day 6 (after returning to Punta Arenas)
- Beverages (other than coffee and tea)
- Tips for the crew (we recommend USD 14 per person per day)
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to/from the airports in relation to international flights
- Anything not mentioned under ’Inclusions’
- International or domestic flights to or from ship, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Visa, passport, and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
Please note that all Polar itineraries are at the mercy of weather conditions and not all landings are guaranteed. These itineraries are flexible and will change voyage to voyage, allowing the best chance to make the most of surprising wildlife displays and unexpected opportunities.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Albatros Expeditions’ terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in designated single cabins.
To enjoy a fly-cruise like this, you have to be flexible around the flight schedule since there can be a narrow window of time, where weather conditions allow us to go.
Returning from the Antarctic (return flights)
We have no events planned on day 6 (the day we are scheduled to fly from King George Island to Punta Arenas). This is due to the uncertainty of flight schedule. Any guests planning to book a flight ticket with a late departure on this day, we advise to book a type of ticket that can be rebooked in case of schedule changes. Our recommendation is that guests book a flexible return ticket in the late afternoon or later on day 7.
On our return from Antarctica, we stay in the centrally located 4-star hotel Cabo de Hornos (or similar)
What do we do if we are delayed/moved forward (Contingency Plan)
Our chartered airline company have been running these flights for many years, and the statistics tell us that more than 80% of the flight departures are run on the proposed schedule. 10% within 1 day, and finally 6% within 2 days. Our cruise itinerary will be able to be fulfilled with minor adjustments should there be changes in the flight schedule.
In the event of adverse weather conditions that are forecasted to last for multiple days, Albatros Expeditions have a contingency plan in place to deal with this in the best manner possible.
Should there be a delay of the arriving aircraft into King George Island, the guests will stay on board the ship and wait for the weather to clear and the plane to arrive. Should the weather and forecast persist over a longer period, the captain could decide to return by sea to Punta Arenas, so the voyage can end. In this case all meals and accommodation onboard are included. Please refer to the terms and conditions applying to fly-cruises for a closer description of our contingency plan.