Antarctic Peninsula aboard Resolute
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:AntarcticaSHIP:Resolute
Explore the Antarctic Peninsula over a period of 10 nights/11 days aboard the latest addition to One Ocean's fleet; Resolute. This is a classic itinerary for whale watching, seabird viewing, visiting penguin colonies and experiencing zodiac excursions in Antarctica. The expedition visits many of the famed landing locations along the Antarctic Peninsula such as Paradise Harbour, Neko Harbour and the
Errera Channel. Ice conditions permitting, attempt a transit of the Lemaire Channel, the gateway to the southern jewels of Petermann Island and Pleneau Island. In the company of expert guides, spend each day exploring in small groups, by zodiac boat and on shore, enjoying walks and hikes to scenic locations and visiting busy wildlife colonies. Sea kayaking and overnight camping are also popular activities on this itinerary.
Operated by: One Ocean Expeditions
RCGS Resolute, the newest addition to the One Oceans Expeditions fleet was purpose built for polar expedition cruising with the highest ice class (Lloyds 1AS). Equipped with propellers of stainless steel, high density steel plating and small frame spacing on her hull, RCGS Resolute continues into the ice, when others simply cannot. This stability and strength are features greatly appreciated in ice-laden waters. Unmatched stability, coupled with superior speed allows for more time at your destination and more flexibility with itinerary planning - a critical factor in polar waters where ice and weather conditions sometimes dictate daily plans. Throughout the ship there are spaces ideally suited to every need. Spacious outer decks provide 360 degree viewing platforms perfect for photography, wildlife watching, birding and appreciating expansive views. The salt water plunge pool, large relaxation deck, hot water jacuzzi are all located aft of the wellness centre (massage therapy, Finnish Sauna, steam room) and well equipped gymnasium. Inside there are multiple areas to explore ranging from a well appointed theatre style presentation room, aft observation lounge and bar, forward observation lounge and bar, and both dining rooms. Add in the One Ocean Expeditions multimedia room, and mobile laboratory and the opportunities are endless. Resolute previously operated as the award-winning MS Hanseatic.
The following additional options may be added to your cruise.
Antarctica Sea Kayaking
Pre-registration required at time of booking. Confirmed access to either a double or single kayak at any offered excursion location. Limited to 16 passengers per voyage. Includes high quality kayaking equipment and services of three kayak guides.
Your cruise price includes:
- Shipboard accommodation aboard Resolute
- All meals on board throughout the expedition
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily
- All scheduled landings/excursions (subject to weather and ice conditions)
- Leadership throughout the voyage by the experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team
- All port fees
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation
- Pre-departure materials
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights, pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Charter flights (additional expense)
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges
- Staff gratuities