Wild South Africa
DURATION:15 Days/ 14 NightsREGION:AfricaSHIP:Hanseatic Inspiration
Join the new expedition ship Hanseatic Inspiration for a 15-day voyage of discovery where the Atlantic meets the Indian Ocean. Travel from spectacular Cape Town at the southern end of Africa to Walvis Bay, exploring Richards Bay, Durban, Port Elizabeth and much more before crossing into Namibia and the colourful town of
Luderitz. This varied southern Africa expedition itinerary presents the wonders of creation. Experience every facet of Africa’s biodiversity on this, the cape of wild animals.
Please note that this is a bilingual English & German speaking voyage.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Hapag Lloyd Cruises
Launched in 2019, the new Hanseatic Inspiration is built to the most stringent Polar Class 6 codes. Small, manoeuvrable and with a shallow draught, this new class of expedition ship will find its way to the most remote corners of the planet. Where other ships would have long since given up, your expedition begins – and with it your journey of self-discovery.
Hanseatic Inspiration's 230 travellers (capped to 199 in Antarctica) will enjoy more open deck space than on any other expedition ship, while the deck tour at the bow and the glass balconies offer new perspectives on all sides. Fascinating talks in the HanseAtrium and the interactive Ocean Academy will take you on your own personal research trip. And wherever possible, the Zodiacs will take you up close to exotic nature and foreign cultures. Expect the unexpected and the extraordinary every day.
Hanseatic Inspiration offers English-speaking expedition voyages.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation for 14 nights in select room grade
- All landings and rides in the ship’s own Zodiacs (partly e-Zodiacs)
- International gourmet cuisine - full board (early-bird breakfast, breakfast, bouillon, lunch and dinner (three restaurants to choose from in the evening with flexible opening hours), afternoon coffee/tea time, midnight snack
- In every cabin: champagne to welcome you, mini bar restocked daily with non-alcoholic beverages (additional selection in Grand Suites and Junior Suites), coffee machine, 24-hour cabin service
- Experienced experts from various disciplines accompany every cruise, give presentations and multimedia lectures, provide well-informed answers to questions about the cruising area and take part in the Zodiac landings/rides
- Flat-screen television with information and entertainment programme, personal e-mail account and Internet access via Wi-Fi (e-mails free of charge, Internet subject to a charge)
- Use of the interactive Ocean Academy with individual knowledge formats
- Comprehensive information before the cruise – for example, manuals about the Arctic, Antarctic and the Amazon, as well as expedition maps
- Extensive sports programme: fitness area with ocean view, course programme, additional sports activities on shore depending on the destination
- Information about harbours and destinations (where available) in the cabin
- Equipment for loan: one pair of binoculars and two sets of Nordic Walking poles in the cabin itself, furthermore warm parkas, rubber boots, snorkelling equipment
- German- and English-speaking ship and expedition management as well as German- and English- speaking service crew
- OCEAN SPA with Finnish sauna with an ocean view, steam sauna, indoor and outdoor relaxation area (spa treatments and hairdresser at a surcharge)
- Gratuities for onbaord staff are included in your fare.
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas / travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges
- Optional shore excursions (including overnight programmes) throughout the expedition
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in EUR
Book before 31 August 2020 for these Earlybird fares.
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Enquire for single traveller fares.