Cape Verde Discovery
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:AfricaSHIP:Harmony G
Explore the archipelago of Cape Verde with its intoxicating mixture of African and Portuguese heritage and its welcoming locals. Once a former colony and slave trade outpost, the Cape Verde Islands of today offer a spellbinding blend of African and Portuguese influences in their architecture, food, customs and traditions. Being
blessed with a pleasant year-round climate, the archipelago offers a diverse range of landscapes from verdant mountain ranges, lush hills and jungles to volcanic landscapes or wide deserted beaches. This cruise holiday will open up for you a vibrant and colourful world, all set to the gentle rhythms of West African music. â€‹
Operated by: Variety Cruises
The Harmony G is a modern small ship with a sleek high-tech look very similar to the private yachts to be found in the famous ports of the world. The 53 metre Harmony G was launched in January 2001 and was completely refurbished in 2009/10 and again in 2013. Whilst she cannot be described as a luxury ship, she is certainly very comfortable and offers an intimate cruising experience. She complies with the most stringent SOLAS safety regulations ,while her powerful engines and state-of-the-art stabilisers allow for safe and comfortable cruising.
Life on board Harmony G centres around the Indoor / Outdoor lounge and its American bar, on the Upper Deck. The stylishly-appointed dining room located on Main Deck is surrounded by large panoramic windows. The spacious Sun Deck is the ideal location to bask in the sun, read a good book or just gaze at the scenery. The swimming platform on Harmony G's stern enables you to swim directly from the ship when weather and anchorage conditions permit.
Note: Variety Cruises assigns port charges of EUR €270 per person to this cruise. These charges are not included in the published fare and will be added to your invoice.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard Harmony G for seven nights
- All onboard meals
- On board entertainment as specified in the cruise program
Your cruise price does not include
- Port charges of EUR €250 per person
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Transfers to/from Harmony G
- Optional shore excursions and meals ashore
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature (laundry, communications and bar expenses)
- Gratuities for ship's crew (at your discretion, but allow €10 per person, per day if satisfied with service)