Panama Canal & Costa Rica
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Quest & Venture
Joining an expedition to Costa Rica and the Panama Canal is a singular experience of diverse nature and jungle wildlife coupled with an in-depth crossing of the Panama Canal, a marvel of engineering. A knowledgeable, engaging staff caters to your daily interests and provides insight, all while travelling in comfort.
Over eight memorable days cruising between Panama City and San José, you’ll walk the rainforest, kayak through mangroves, search for wildlife by expedition landing craft, and snorkel at Isla Coiba, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site with some of the best reefs in the Eastern Pacific.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Quest & Venture
Launching in 2017 and 2018, National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture are state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessels made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration make these ships the ideal platform for sailing in the remote areas of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize.
Designed with decades of expedition experience in the region, these small ships more than comfortably accommodate 100 guests in 50 cabins. Twenty-two of the 50 cabins will feature small balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that bring in the spectacular views and ample natural light. Twelve cabins will connect via internal doorway access allowing families to combine their rooms. Plus, all category 5 suite cabins can accommodate a third person on a convertible sofa bed.
Twin expedition craft landing platforms allows rapid deployment of tenders from the ship to take advantage of wildlife sightings and to ensure time off the ship exploring is maximised. Designed with a shallow draft, National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture draw less than three metres of water, allowing them to sail into places where much larger ships cannot go.
Note: As these vessels are currently under construction all images are artist renderings only.
Your cruise price includes:
- 7-nights accommodation aboard National Geographic Quest
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of expedition staff
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as described in the itinerary
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights, pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Costs associated with obtaining passports and visas
- Gratuities for staff
- Alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature (ie communications and laundry expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places National Geographic Quest intends to visit, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.