Belize To Tikal: The Maya World
DURATION:9 Days/ 8 NightsREGION:South & Central AmericaSHIP:National Geographic Quest & Venture
Embark on a unique land-and-sea expedition to discover Mayan ruins overgrown with tropical rain forest and incredible, seldom-seen reefs. Snorkel among some of the 65 species of stony coral and 500 species of fish on the Belize Barrier Reef with the new 100-guest National Geographic Quest as your base for exploration. Then venture to the ancient Maya ruins of Tikal to explore the stories and archaeological
sites of these stone temples swathed in rain forest and teeming with wildlife. The 10-person expedition team is key to an in-depth experience. An expedition leader, four naturalists, a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor and undersea specialist, plus a wellness specialist and video chronicler, all contribute to your understanding of the Maya world.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Quest & Venture
Launched in 2017 National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture (launching 2018) are state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessels made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration make these ships the ideal platform for sailing in the remote areas of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize.
Designed with decades of expedition experience in the region, these small ships more than comfortably accommodate 100 guests in 50 cabins. Twenty-two of the 50 cabins feature small balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that bring in the spectacular views and ample natural light. Twelve cabins connect via internal doorway access allowing families to combine their rooms. Plus, all category 5 suite cabins can accommodate a third person on a convertible sofa bed.
Twin expedition craft landing platforms allows rapid deployment of tenders from the ship to take advantage of wildlife sightings and to ensure time off the ship exploring is maximised. Designed with a shallow draft, National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture draw less than three metres of water, allowing them to sail into places where much larger ships cannot go.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Quest for 5 nights
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
- 3 nights stay at the Real Camino Hotel in Tikal
- Touring in and around Tikal
- Sightseeing around Tikal as described
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Charter flight from Belize City and Flores, Guatemala (add $250 per person)
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- SCUBA diving charges
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in USD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.