Sea of Cortez, Baja & Whale Sharks
DURATION:9 Days/ 8 NightsREGION:North AmericaSHIP:Westward
A thrilling 8 night expedition between La Paz and Loreto in Mexico. This voyage takes you among the scattered islands of the Sea of Cortez, along the shore of the Baja California peninsula. Begin with the rare opportunity to swim with whalesharks, then spend the next week enjoying incredible marine experiences. Swim with sea
lions, grey sharks, go snorkelling and take walks ashore in the company of local naturalists guides. This is truly an intimate experience that will live on in your memory for a lifetime. The crew of the Westward's goal is to provide the most remote wilderness experience possible.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Pacific Catalyst
Westward has a long and storied history, dating back to 1924. She was launched as the flagship of the Alaska Coast Hunting and Cruising Co. and pioneered hunting, fishing, and adventure travel in the remote regions of Washington, British Columbia and Alaska. During WWII she served as a patrol boat for the US Navy before returning to private ownership and a circumnavigation of the world. In 2012 she was purchased by Pacific Catalyst cruises and underwent a complete rebuild, although she remains dependably powered by her original Atlas Imperial Diesel Engine. Westward accommodates no more than 10 guests on her Alaskan, Pacific Northwest and Baja California expeditions and is listed on the US National Register of Historic Places.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard MV Westward for 7 nights
- 1 night hotel accommodation in La Paz
- Transfer from Los Cabos airport to La Paz and return from Loreta
- All meals and morning / afternoon teas
- Beer and wine (hard liquor is BYO)
- Tea / coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your expedition)
- Gratuities - see note below
- Items of a personal nature
A note about gratuities:
All tips are given at the total discretion of the guests, and are neither mandatory nor expected. (Although the crew sure enjoys receiving them!) The crew of Westward is aware that in many countries tipping is not a standard policy, but for those who wish to tip, the current standards suggest 5 to 15% of the cost of the trip. Tips are given discreetly to the captain IN CASH in the envelope provided, and are divided equally amongst all the crew.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in USD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship at the Captain's sole discretion. Whales and other wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Enquire for single traveller fares.