Sacred Lands of the Kimberley (Broome to Darwin)
DURATION:11 Days/ 10 NightsREGION:The KimberleySHIP:Coral Expeditions I
The region known simply as The Kimberley takes its evocative name from its most imposing landmark; an ancient mountain range visible from the rugged sea coast. Covering more than 400,000 square kilometres (an area three times larger than England) in North West Australia, yet it is home to just 30,000 people. It is a place universally acknowledged as one of the world’s last – and possibly most beautiful – wilderness areas.
It is a place of magnificent vistas created by towering rock ridges, silent secluded gorges, wide savannah plains and plunging waterfalls which defy both nature and belief. This is a land steeped in ancient Aboriginal culture and adorned with the world’s oldest known indigenous art, the mysterious Bradshaw (Gwion Gwion) paintings. Experience the heartland of Australia’s northernmost unspoilt outback. The Kimberley is a completely unique experience.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Coral Expeditions I
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Coral Expeditions I is fully equipped for the ultimate expedition cruising experience in Australian coastal waters. Australian flagged, registered and staffed, the ship was purpose-built for cruising in our region and is the ideal size to access the very best parts of Western Australia’s remarkable Kimberley cruise region, the northern coastlines of Cape York and Arnhem Land and the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef.
The 24 onboard rooms feature natural light, with a fresh and modern decor creating a breezy feel. You can choose between double and twin bedded rooms, each fully equipped with a spacious private en suite, air conditioning and ample storage space.
The ship’s forward lounge is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery in air-conditioned comfort, and features a comprehensive reference library and plasma screens. The Sun Deck at the rear with a new bar outdoor area added in 2016 is another popular place to relax and take in the panoramic views.
Meals are served in the modern dining room, and with space for all guests to dine during one sitting and no assigned seating, meal times are a great opportunity to get to know your fellow expeditioners.
Coral Expeditions I operates an open bridge policy, allowing you to spend time with the Captain and his maritime crew as we cruise. Follow our progression on the ship’s charts and chat with Captain, or simply sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery. Coral Expeditions I is fitted with modern safety and navigation equipment, and wireless internet facilities.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for the number of nights as listed in each itinerary
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Explorer expedition vessel, zodiacs and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping not required on board
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Optional Mitchell Falls helicopter flight (payable on board)
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
This itinerary is an indication of the destinations visited and activities on offer. While every effort will be made to follow this itinerary the Captain and Expedition Leader do reserve the right to vary this itinerary to make allowances for weather, tidal conditions and any other event that may affect the operation of the vessel.
Single travellers are accommodated in Cabin category rooms upon payment of a 50% single supplement. All other room grades require payment of a 100% single supplement.