New Zealand's Fiordland (South)
DURATION:8 Days/ 7 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Island Passage
World Heritage-listed Fiordland National Park is full of some of the world’s most magnificent scenery. Located on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand, Fiordland stretches over 200 kilometres from Milford Sound in the north to Preservation Inlet in the south.
It is also one of the wettest places in the world but it is this rain that contributes to the area's beauty. Waterfalls tumble down steep mountains to the fiords and rain nourishes rich beech forests. Island Passage is ideally suited to accessing Fiordland's beauty and with great food, small passenger numbers and a friendly crew this is an expedition not to be missed!
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Operated by: Island Escape Cruises
Island Escape Cruises is a small-ship, niche adventure cruise company operating wildlife, wilderness, and scenic expedition cruises within the most beautiful regions of New Zealand during the southern hemisphere summer months (from November through April) and the beautiful islands of Tahiti between May and October.
The best comparison might be to think of Island Passage as a ship-based version of a luxury lodge. The itineraries combine pristine wilderness, exotic islands, amazing wildlife, stylish accommodation, exceptional service, chef-prepared gourmet meals, experienced guides, freedom from roads and routes most travelled, and the enticing adventure of never knowing what’s around the next corner.
The passenger vessel Island Passage is a 42-metre purpose-built steel catamaran accommodating just 24 guests and ten professional crew. Guests are generally active adventurers, independent travellers and photographers. Island Passage promises superb cuisine, a full complimentary bar with wine, spirits and beers, airport transfers and all activities in a child-free environment.
Your cruise price includes:
- Meet and greet at Queenstown Airport on Saturday with transfer to Heritage Hotel
- Saturday night pre-cruise at Queenstown Heritage Hotel including breakfast
- Private Coach transfers from Queenstown Heritage Hotel to Te Anau
- Helicopter transfers from Te Anau to Island Passage in Fiordland National Park
- Five nights aboard Island Passage with breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Complimentary full bar with wine, beer, spirits, juices and water
- Tours ashore with experienced Fiordland guides
- Flights and coach transfers from Doubtful Sound to Queenstown
- Saturday transfers from Queenstown Airport to Heritage Hotel
- Saturday night post-cruise at Queenstown Heritage Hotel including breakfast
- Sunday transfers from Heritage Hotel to Queenstown Airport
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights to and from Queenstown
- Pre and post cruise accommodation unless otherwise specified
- Items of a personal nature (communications, laundry expenses)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - SAVE 20% when purchased with your cruise)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in NZD
SPECIAL OFFER: Book and pay in full by 30 June 2017 and TAKE OFF $1,000 per person.
The itinerary is a suggested outline only and may be amended en route due to weather and seasonal reasons and to maximise sightseeing opportunities.
Single travellers are able to request sole use of staterooms at a 70% single surcharge.