Great Barrier Reef Cruise Cairns - Lizard Island - Cairns
DURATION:5 Days/ 4 NightsREGION:Australia, New Zealand & PacificSHIP:Coral Expeditions II
Coral Expeditions pioneered extended cruising on Australia's Great Barrier Reef in 1983, taking guests to the remote reaches of this remarkable region. A vibrant underwater world hides just beneath the surface and whether you experience the Reef by glass bottom boat, snorkelling or SCUBA diving, it is a world filled with coral, marine life and rainbow-coloured fish.
The 4 night Cairns – Lizard Island – Cairns cruise includes a full day to discover two different sections of the rarely visited Ribbon Reefs, considered to be the most colourful and pristine reefs found anywhere along the entire length of the Great Barrier Reef, as well as the wonderful fringing reefs off Lizard Island and Two Isles. This cruise is ideal for those wishing to maximise their snorkelling / diving time.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
Coral Expeditions II
Operated by: Coral Expeditions
Small enough to allow snorkelling directly from the ship, yet equipped with the facilities of a much larger vessel, your Great Barrier Reef cruise aboard Coral Expeditions II will be truly memorable.
Refurbished during 2015, Coral Expeditions II is fully equipped for the ultimate Great Barrier Reef cruising experience. Australian flagged, registered and staffed, Coral Expeditions II was purpose-built to access the very best parts of the ‘Reef’.
The 22 onboard rooms feature traditional maritime stylings with wood panelled walls. You can choose between double and twin bedded rooms, each fully equipped with a private en suite, air conditioning and ample storage space. All rooms feature large picture windows, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the spectacular scenery.
The ship’s spacious lounge is a great place to relax and enjoy a drink from the cocktail bar in air-conditioned comfort, and features a comprehensive reference library and plasma screens. The large sun deck is another popular place to relax and take in the sights, with comfortable deck chairs and teak furnishings. You will also enjoy the opportunity to dine al fresco under the magnificent stars over the Great Barrier Reef.
Meals are served in the atmospheric dining room, and with space for all guests to dine during one sitting and no assigned seating, meal times are a great opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers.
Coral Expeditions II operates an open bridge policy, allowing you to spend time with the captain and his maritime crew. Follow your progression on the ship’s charts and chat with the captain, or simply sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery. Coral Expeditions II is fitted with modern safety and navigation equipment.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for the number of nights as listed in each itinerary
- All meals
- 24 hour soft drinks, tea and barista-style coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours on Explorer expedition vessel, Zodiacs, glass-bottom boat and kayaks
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
- Tipping is not required
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
- Optional shore activities in Cooktown
- SCUBA diving
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC) of AU$19.50 per person - payable on board.
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
An Australian government Environmental Management Charge (EMC) of AU$19.50 per person applies and is payable on board the ship.
Due to weather, tides or mechanical reasons itineraries may be subject to change without notice.
Single travellers cruise at the twin share per person price (No single supplement!)