Epic 80°N: Exploring Greenland, Baffin & Ellesmere Islands
DURATION:23 Days/ 22 NightsREGION:ArcticSHIP:National Geographic Explorer
Canada’s Ellesmere Island stretches farther north than any other land in the world, save for Greenland - explore both on this epic Arctic expedition. This is a region of ancient ice, where tidewater glaciers of exceptional beauty dominate the landscape. Few humans have ever been here. It is home to hunting polar bears, musk ox, and extremely rare wildlife, including narwhal. Rely on the expedition team’s experience
in Baffin Island and Lancaster Sound at the entrance to the Northwest Passage to ensure peak exploration and wildlife encounters; and then strike as far north at the ice allows, tracing the rarely visited coast of northwest Greenland and Ellesmere Islands into parts largely unknown, where the only assurance is great wonder, beauty, and genuine exploration.
We have multiple departure dates for this cruise. Select a year and month to view itineraries for alternative departure dates.
National Geographic Explorer
Operated by: Lindblad Expeditions
Originally built for service along Norway’s coast as part of the famed Hurtigruten, or Coastal Express, National Geographic Explorer was completely rebuilt in 2008 upon her acquisition by Lindblad Expeditions. Explorer is uniquely equipped with an ice-strengthened hull and advanced navigation equipment for polar expeditions; a roster of tools for exploration; and a well-appointed interior with vast expanses of glass for an unprecedented connection to the outdoors. Explorer accommodates 148 guests in 81 cabins, including 13 cabins with private balconies, six spacious suites and 14 cabins specifically designed for single travellers. At 112 metres with six decks, she is spacious and modern, with a variety of public rooms that offer startling views of the passing landscape. Friendly and informal, Explorer instantly fosters a welcoming environment where enthused and curious passengers share in exceptional experiences and enrichment. Her public rooms include a dramatic window-lined library and observation lounge perched at the very top of the ship, plentiful observation decks, and the forward facing chart room. The spacious lounge is the heart of the ship and is also used for informative presentations.
FREE BAR AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED
From 01 April 2017 all fares for travel aboard National Geographic Explorer will include your bar tab and all tips for the crew.
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation aboard National Geographic Explorer for 20 nights
- 2 nights accommodation in Reykjavík (before and after cruise)
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes and filtered water
- 24-hour coffee, tea and soda on demand
- Hors d’oeuvres and snacks during daily recap
- Use of exercise equipment
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of the expedition staff
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- All excursions as described in the itinerary
- Zodiac and kayak explorations
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge
Your cruise price does not include:
- Flights and pre- and post- cruise accommodation
- Transfers to / from the ship
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended - ask us for a quote today)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature (bar, laundry and communications expenses)
Book your next cruise
Please note: This cruise is sold in AUD
The day-by-day itinerary is a sampling of the places intended to be visited, conditions permitting. Changes may be made due to weather, ice and sea conditions or any other event affecting the operation of the ship.
By completing this booking request you acknowledge that you have read and accept both Expedition Cruise Specialists' and Lindblad Expeditions' terms and conditions.
Single travellers are accommodated in selected room grades at the specified sole use price.